Why use industrial shaft couplings?
- Couplings are a means to directly connect the shaft of a Prime Mover (electric Motor, Internal Combustion Engine, Diesel Engine) to the driven machine (the load).
- Couplings transmit the torque (rotational force) created by the Prime Mover to turn the shaft of the driven machine to do work and transmit power.
- Industrial shaft couplings come in a variety of types. Depending on the type, Couplings can also provide additional benefits such as compensating for less than perfect alignment between driver and driven shafts, dampening vibrations and shock loads to accommodate changing load conditions to extend the life of driven equipment.
- Drive Components provides a range of Shaft Coupling Styles to address a wide variety of application requirements:
Get our complete list of couplings and related products:
- Steel and Metals Processing
- Wood Products/Lumber
- Mining and Aggregates
- Oil & Gas
- Rubber & Plastics
- Food Processing
- Blowers & Fans
- Rolling Mills
- Rollout Tables